This is a summary of our beliefs, which are more fully explained in the Baptist Articles of Faith.
1. There is one God, manifest in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
2. Jesus is the Son of God, was born of a virgin, was wholly God and wholly man, lived a sinless life, died as a substitutionary sacrifice for the sins of mankind, was buried, arose bodily from the grave and ascended into Heaven.
3. In the literal, imminent return of Jesus Christ to earth.
4. The Bible is the Word of God without any error, the sole authority for life.
5. Man is a special creation of God, made in His image.
6. Mankind fell through the sin of the first man, Adam and that all men are sinners in need of salvation.
7. Salvation is a gift given through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
8. Every person who truly is saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ.
9. Persons who die in their sins spend eternity in Hell and those persons who die with their sins forgiven spend eternity in Heaven.
10. The church is a local body of baptized believers with the Lord Jesus Christ as the Head.
The Baptist Articles of Faith are a comprehensive guide to the tenets of our faith. Click here to view the Articles of Faith in Adobe PDF format.