VIEW 10AM SUNDAY SCHOOL NOTES
SIX DANGERS SIGNS THAT YOU ARE IN A DEBT TRAP
I. LIVING ON CREDIT INSTEAD OF PAYING CASH.
- Delaying payments or only paying the minimum payment.
III. UNABLE TO TITHE AND SAVE MONEY.
IV. UNABLE TO PAY TAXES
- EXTRAVAGANT SPENDING.
- ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GET RICH QUICK IDEAS.
1 Tim. 6:9, “But people who long to be rich soon begin to do all kinds of wrong things to get money, things that hurt them…” (TLB)
GOD’S STEPS FOR GETTING OUT OF THE DEBT TRAP
1. COMMIT TO BECOMING DEBT FREE NOW.
Ps. 37:21, “Evil men borrow and ‘cannot pay it back!’ But the good man returns what he owes with some extra besides.” (TLB)
Luke 16:12, “And if you are not faithful with other people’s money, why should you be entrusted with money of your own?” (TLB)
- START PAYING GOD AND YOURSELF FIRST.
The 10/10/80 principle.
- LIST ALL YOU OWN AND ALL YOU OWE.
Prov. 18:13, “What a shame‑‑ yes, how stupid!‑‑ to decide before knowing the facts!” (TLB)
- HAVE A SALE.
- SET UP A REPAYMENT PLAN.
- ADD NO NEW DEBT.
- SHARE YOUR PLAN WITH YOUR CREDITORS.
Prov. 16:7, “When a man is trying to please God, God makes even his worst enemies to be at peace with him.” (TLB)
8. STICK WITH THE PLAN
Gal. 6:9, “And let us not get tired of doing what is right, for after a while we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t get discouraged and give up.” (TLB)
OUR 2018 CHRISTMAS GIFT TO JESUS CHRIST THROUGH
HIS CHURCH, THE ANCHORAGE BAPTIST TEMPLE
I. THE GIFT OF THE SHEPHERDS-THE LOVE GIFT. (Luke 2:8-20)
A. Like the Shepherds we need:
1. To attend to the message.
2. To acknowledge it as truth.
3. To act upon the revelation.
4. To accept the message as ours.
5. To announce it to others.
Luke 2:17, “And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.” (KJV)
II. THE GIFT OF THE WISE MEN-THE GIFT OF SACRIFICE. (Matt. 2:8-12)
A. Like the Wise Men:
1. Our gift needs to be an individual gift.
2. Our gifts need to be thoughtfully prepared.
3. Our gifts need to be representative.
4. Our gifts need to be costly.
III. THE GIFT OF A MIRACLE OFFERING.
THE HOLY SPIRIT, OUR HELPER
- WHY DO WE BELIEVE IN THE TRINITY? BECAUSE JESUS DOES.
Matt. 28:19, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” (NKJV)
- Here is what Jesus said about God the Holy Spirit. He calls Him our Helper.
John 14:16-17, “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another HELPER, that He may abide with you forever C the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.” (NKJV)
- How does the Holy Spirit help us?
- He helps us in difficult situations.
Mark 13:11, “But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. (NKJV)
- He helps us on His schedule.
- WHY DON’T WE FEEL LIKE THE HOLY SPIRIT IS HELPING US?
- We don’t ask Him for help.
James 4:2, “You do not have because you do not ask.” (NKJV)
- We don’t walk in the Spirit.
Gal. 5:16, “Walk in the Spirit.” (NKJV)
Gal. 5:16, “I advise you to obey only the Holy Spirit’s instructions. He will tell you where to go and what to do, and then you won’t always be doing the wrong things your evil nature wants you to.” (TLB)
- It is easy to forget that the Holy Spirit dwells in us to help us.
1 Cor. 3:16, “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you.” (KJV)
Mark 13:11, “But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not
you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.” (NKJV)
III. WHY DO WE STRUGGLE SO MUCH IN LIFE?
- We do not let the helper help us.
WE ARE GOING TO BE LEARNING MORE ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT AS WE GO ALONG IN THIS SERIES.