HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL AND HAPPY IN LIFE
Understanding Your Natural and Spiritual Gifts
Psa. 139:13-17, “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit them together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! It is amazing to think about. Your workmanship is marvelous‑and how well I know it. You were there while I was being formed in utter seclusion! You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book! How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly! I can’t even count how many times a day your thoughts turn toward me. And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me!” (TLB)
- ONLY YOU CAN BE YOU.
- Today let’s expand on How God wants you to be involved in His Body, His local church.
- Today the Lord is building His church in local communities.
Matt. 16:18, “…I will build My church…” (NKJV)
- God has bestowed upon you abilities that He wants you to use to build His church.
Rom. 12:6, “God has given each of us the ability to do certain things well.” (TLB)
- Since your natural abilities are from God, they are just as important as your spiritual
- One of the most common excuses people give for not serving the Lord in His church
Is “I just don’t have any abilities to offer.”
- Part of a Pastors responsibility is to help you identify and release your abilities for
1 Cor. 10:31, “Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” (NKJV)
1 Cor. 12:6, “And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.” (NKJV)
- God has a place in His church, His Body, where your specialties can shine, and you can
make a difference.
- It’s up to you to find that place and get involved.
- God gives some people the ability to make money.
Deut. 8:18, “And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth.” (NKJV)
- If you have this business ability, you should be using it for God’s glory. How?
- First, realize your ability came from God and give Him the credit.
- Second, use your business to serve a need for others by giving them a job and to use
your business to share your faith with unbelievers.
- Third, return at least a tithe (10 percent) of the profit to God as an act of worship.
Mal. 3:10-11, “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this,” says the LORD of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,” says the LORD of hosts;” (NKJV)
- Finally, if you have the ability to make money, make your goal to be a Kingdom
Builder, not just a Wealth Builder.
Think about this:
- What I’m able to do, God wants me to do.
Why? The church is the body of Christ on earth. Without all of the parts working together it cannot operate like Christ wants it to.